Day Eight was unusual. I mean, the trend has been that I’ve been writing later and later in the day, over the last week, so I wasn’t really surprised when I got to the end of the work day and I’d only added five hundred words to my novel. I wasn’t surprised, maybe a little disappointed, I don’t know. Now, I did manage to get a lot of background work on the novel done. I’m working on cementing my concepts of the dragon-slayers themselves.

The book is called The Dragonslayers, and it’s going to be about the dragon-slayers. I think it’s remarkable that I was able to get halfway through the novel with only the barest concepts of what the characters were going to be like, but now I’ve nearly got all the events in order, and it’s just going to be a matter of going back and adding in the details. I mean, I make it sound easy to myself. It’s a nice thought, anyway. ^_^;;;

Up to this point, I’ve been working with a rudimentary map, placeholder names, and lots of weird, simple references. I think I’ve got a pretty cool, multilayer plot, which is exactly what I was looking for, and I think the book would make for a really fun roleplaying game, so I think that I’ve probably hit all of the most important points. What I’m really missing, though, is a wizard. I had one in the early versions, but he got written out. :(